Proverbs can move mountains! Want to make a difference? Be the difference! They always say if there is a topic you want to read about, go to the Bible. Porn? Bible. Good deeds? Bible. Heros? Bible. Murder? Bible. In this chapter, men learn how to be Godly men and Godly women. Learn how to be Confident, and teach your children confidence.
We introduced our study 11 weeks ago week briefly recapping the Proverbs 31’s introduction. We started a curriculum, with resources, to help parents teach children that they are worth more than rubies (31:10). We are learning that we don’t have to be perfect, or teach our children to be perfect. All we have to do is be the best we can be and model the best we can do for our babies to learn.
We followed the initial teaching of value with activities to encourage babies to be confident, respectful, and good (31:11-12) and then moved toward our Proverbs 31:13 Eager as a Beaver week. Once our children were aware it was okay and encouraged to be eager every single day of their lives, what they were already being prior to our study that sometimes annoys the crap out of adults!, the introduction to work ethic in Proverbs 31:14 made sense. Creating value and work ethic in infancy by responding to an infant’s immediate cry sets our babies up for success. Teaching our preschoolers work ethic begins the success.
It is important as parents that our children are aware women and men are both equally valuable (Proverbs 31:15), and understand that everyone has a role in the homestead of equal importance.
In fact, sign up for our mailing list (on the right) today and snag your FREE Proverbs Subway Art for every member of your family!
Speaking of roles in the homestead, it is a-okay for both men and women to work and invest in their family (Proverbs 31:16), and no one, should be exempt. Investment comes in many forms. Parents, did you remind your babies in Week 7 how strong they are? Our lads, and our ladies are so strong, and Proverbs 31:17 reminds us how critical it is they know it! Week 8 helps our babies discover that Godly women work. And work. And work. Doing something. It doesn’t matter what. They don’t have to be creative. They don’t have to sing. They don’t have to be handy. They just have to not be lazy. In addition to working early in the morning and diligently all day long, also work deep into the night (Proverbs 31: 18, 19). They must know they are strong from the week prior to understand they can handle their mountain of diligence. We added to their studies in Week 9 coaching them into giving. After working and working and working the most sacred thing our kiddos can be taught is to give.
Finally, last week we showed and modeled for our children. Instead of teaching THEM to do something…. we are showing them that we are working just as hard. They can rely on us. They can trust us. We prepare for them. We, as men and women of Christ, prepare.
- Letter R&S Coloring
- Tonight’s Discussion:
- Wash and Make Bed
- Tonight’s Discussion: Why should we make sure our beds are clean and make them up every day? Do clean sheets make you feel warm and comfortable? Do you feel strong in the morning when you wake up? We must begin learning what our chores and responsibilities are in our homes, and one of yours is to make your bed and take your sheets off so we can wash them. Its called responsibility.
- Chore Jar for Earning Extra Money
- Tonight’s Discussion: What is money? What can we do with money? Do you want to add money to your spend save give banks we made last week? How can we do that? We need to make a chore jar so that whenever you need more money for church, friends, your future, or an item at the store you can work for it and invest that money back into your needs.
- Fabric Scrap Glass Refrigerator Magnets
- Fabric Scrap No Sew Bows
- Fabric Scrap Bead Necklaces
- Fabric Scrap Cardboard Box Picture Mats
- Tonight’s Discussion: Why would we make something that uses scraps? Why can we not throw our scraps in the trash? What supplies do people use who can’t afford new things? Do they use scraps? We can recycle, and we can also reuse. That is why we went through our fabric scraps making projects today. We can add our glass fabric scrap refrigerator magnets to our Christmas basket for our special someone!
- Paper and Fabric Scrap Turkey
- Tonight’s Discussion: Thanksgiving and Fall are coming up! Why do we decorate our home to be pretty and festive? Why are we using scraps? Do you remember from yesterday?
Is anyone joining us on our FACEBOOK page? Please do! Lets us know if you are studying proverbs with us! We have 14 more weeks of activities left!